Thursday, August 27, 2009

Patience

"Patience is a virtue."

That saying has been ingrained in my head since I was young enough to understand the general concept. But not until these past few months have I truly understood it. To be patient is to fully allow yourself to trust God and wait for His direction without attempting to make your path go the way you think it should. In the past few months I have made big decisions regarding my future school wise. Currently, I am waiting to hear whether or not I will be making a change school wise this coming spring. Being patient on this is one of the hardest patient waiting games i have ever had to play. To be honest, until last night I have been doing a horrible job. It was making me stressed and irritable, and in general antsy.

Laying in bed last night, the saying "patience is a virtue" kept playing over and over again in my head. I realized that this waiting game has been a lesson for me. Patience is really one of the biggest blessings God can grant a person in life. Understanding this blessing is another blessing in its self. Learning how to wait without wondering constantly what the next step is lets us live our life without being afraid to make a wrong choice that was stressfuly thought out and handled. If we give that process of making choices to God and let Him handle it for us we would feel so much more free and happy. He wants to bless us by relieving our fears, anxiety, and stressful hazardous thinking. What a great blessing.

I think many things in this past year contributed to the discovery of this amazing gift from God. So yes patience is a virtue but there is also a gift hidden in that, a gift that allows us to be virtuous. A gift that relieves fear and worry. Patience is a great thing. It takes work but its work that will end in a Blessing. So instead of praying for a fast decision I am going to pray for patience and the strength to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment